I finally decided that it was the time to start painting the interior. There might be more important jobs to do, but I had to make the cabin more appealing. I just couldn’t watch the boat like that anymore, so I had to do it to boost my moral:)
I‘ve put on my working clothes, mask and gloves and then I started… First I put one coat of primer, which actually bleached the wood, and then another coat. After that I painted it and finally I varnished the wood.
It was really a difficult job to do, because even though I opened all the hatches and windows and in spite of the fact that I had a mask on all the time, I just couldn’t stay inside for more than half an hour at the time because of all the (probably toxic) evaporation from the paint. The only real joy was the swim I took at the end of every day.
It was a long and painful process, but it had to be done… The only problem was that when I was finished, it all looked much better, except the bilges that looked simply awful, so although I didn’t plan to do it, I then painted the bilges too.
I know that there is still a lot of work to be done, but I think she looks much better now… 🙂